With the rapid growth of IT industry in India, the demand of computer professionals is increasing day by day. Bachelor’s in Computer Applications (BCA) is an undergraduate degree course in Computer Applications that is popular among students who want to make a career in the IT field. The duration of the course is 3 years and divided into 6 semesters.
It comprises of subjects like Computer Organization & Architecture, Mathematical Foundations of Computer Applications, Programming in C, Data Structures, Database Management Systems, Numerical and Statistical Methods, Operating Systems and UNIX, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Java Programming, Microprocessors & Assembly Language Programming, Software Engineering, Web Programming, Data Communication Networks, Python Programming, Data Mining and Data Warehousing, Internet of Things, Robotic Process Automation, Mobile Computing, System Programming, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Data Analytics, Cryptography and Network Security, Advanced Web Technologies.
Academia Industry Interface is through MoU signed with various industry partners.
1. Netcraftz, Bangalore for Skill Development Certificate courses such as Server Management, Web Design, Advanced Java, Linux Administration
2. UiPath India for Robotic Process Automation Design and Development
3. Kigyan School of Data Science Pvt. Ltd. for Data Analytics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence.
Specializations after BCA
• PG Diploma in Data Analytics ( at mLAC)
• PG Diploma in Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence (at mLAC)
• MSc (IT)
• Certification: Diploma in Networking
• Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP)
• Cisco Certified Networking Administrator (CCNA)
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
• Redhat Certification
For BCA, a candidate who has passed the two years Pre-University Examination conducted by the Pre-University Education Board in Karnataka. Job Oriented Diploma Course/Three years Diploma in Engineering, Government of Karnataka or any other examination considered equivalent thereto shall be eligible for admission.