The IQAC of Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College was formed on 26th February 2005 with the objective of creating quality consciousness in the institution and providing an environment for its sustenance.
“The institution is committed to meeting the needs of all its stakeholders by providing support and facilities of the highest standards in the teaching-learning process. The institution intends to provide quality education and training through the continuous improvement of its standards and performance”.
The primary aim of IQAC is
- · To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- · To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Composition of the IQAC
IQAC may be constituted in every institution under the Chairmanship of the Head of the institution with heads of important academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists and representatives of local management and stakeholders.
The composition of the IQAC may be as follows:
1. Chairperson: Head of the Institution
2. A few senior administrative officers
3. Three to eight teachers
4. One member from the Management
5. One/two nominees from local society, Students and Alumni
6. One/two nominees from Employers /Industrialists/stakeholders
7. One of the senior teachers as the coordinator/Director of the IQAC
Some of the functions expected of IQAC are
a) Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
b) Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
c) Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
d) Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
e) Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
f) Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
g) Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
h) Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
i) Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
j) Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
Role of IQAC:
• The prime responsibility of IQAC to initiate, plan and supervise various activities that are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in an institution or college.
• The role of IQAC is to maintain quality standards in teaching, learning and evaluation.
• All activities of the college are IQAC initiative.
• Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
• Preparing report for college ranking.
• Conducting Internal Audit and arranging for external audit.