The company of 2/1 , 1 KarBnNcc, Group “A”, Karnataka And Goa Directorate of Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women was inaugurated on 3rd July 2005 and was given authority to function independently as a unit under Coy commander, Lt. Chaithanya Ramesh with a total strength of 63 students. Cadets are trained in drill, weapon drill, firing, flag area, line area, map reading and night navigation. Various community service activities such as blood donation drive, visit to schools for the visually impaired, orphanages, visit to school for physically and mentally challenged children and disaster management.
Students are encouraged to enroll for NCC in order to:
· Inculcate leadership qualities and boost confidence
· Mould cadets into disciplined citizens
· Involve cadets in nation-building activities
· Train cadets in self-defence, weapon training and weapon handling
· Engage cadets in community development activities
· Encourage cadets in adventurous activities like mountaineering, cycling, trekking.
· Motivate cadets to take up a career in the armed forces for service to the nation
Senior Under Officer Pavitra . N participated in Prime Minister’s Rally 2015 in Delhi. She is the first cadet of MLACW to attend the Prime Minister's rally at Delhi.
The National Cadet Corps is Youth Wing of Armed Forces with its Headquarters at New Delhi, Delhi, India. It is open to school and college students on voluntary basis. National Cadet Corps is a Tri-Services Organization, comprising the Army, Navy and Air Wing, engaged in grooming the youth of the country into disciplined and patriotic citizens. The National Cadet Corps in India is a voluntary organization which recruits cadets from high schools, colleges and universities all over India. The Cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades. The officers and cadets have no liability for active military service once they complete their course.
National Cadet Corp (Army Wing). Head by Lt.Dr. Bhavya Bhanu (Associate NCC Officer) the college offers training under the Army Wing of the National Cadet Corps. The College has a total number of 52 enrolled SW cadets. Parades and theory classes are held once in a week between 8 am to 12 pm.
NCC Training Programme: The total number of parades in a year is 17.5. Training is held in the college campus and in the playground opposite to college premises. Regular parades include training in drill, map reading, weapon training, obstacle training. It also includes parades for firing, social service and adventure such as rock climbing, firing, cycle expedition, trekking etc.
1st year degree students (any streams)
Certification of NCC
After two year of training – ‘B’ certificate
After three years of training – ‘C’ Certificate
Cadets from mLAC have been at the helm of activities at the Directorate. They have represented the college in-state Republic Day camp Thal Sanik Camps, Basic leadership Camps, Advanced Leadership Camps, Combined Annual Training Camps, and National Integration Programs (NIP)Camps.
Activities Conducted in the year 2018-19
1. 5th June 2018: All cadets participated in seed ball preparations on account of Environment day celebration
2. 18th June 2018: 30 cadets Participated in walkathon to create awareness on human trafficking.
3. 21st June 2018 All cadets participated in Yoga day celebration
4. 25th July 2018 blood donation camp was organized association with the Lion’s Club
5. 15th August 2018: All cadets took part in Independence Day Celebration
6. 17th of August 2018: All cadets were a part of trekking expedition near kanakapura and was given exposure to rappelling, rock climbing.
7. 20th September 2018 – Swach Sankalp se Swach Siddhi cadets took part in the initiative to clean college campus
8. 26th Jan 2019: All cadets took part in Republic Day Celebrations
Achievement of NCC officer
Lt.Dr. Bhavya Bhanu successfully completed 3 months PRCN training program from 14th Jan 2019 to 13th Arpil 2019 at OTA Gwalior and got commissioned as Lieutenant
Achievement of NCC Cadets 2018-19
1. JUO Kuganeshwari.S , CPL Revathi.K and CPL Priyanka.N took part in Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Camp conducted at Mysore in 2018-19.
2. L/CPL. Radhika.S,CPL Revathi.K and L/CPL Swetha.L took part I National Integration Camp conducted at Moodbidri in 2018-19.
3. CQMS Harshitha.S took part in IGC and also took part in State RDC held at Moodbidri in 2018-19.
4. SGT Monisha, CDT.Vibha, CDT.Aishwarya.R.N, CDT.Reshmitha took part in Basic Leadership Camp conducted at Bellary in 2018-19
5. SGT. Monisha,CDT Aishwarya.R.N and CDT Vibha were selected.
6. CDT Sushmitha and CDT Akhila took part in Thal Sainik Camp held at
8. CQMS Vinutha.K.Y and L/CPL Madhumitha took part in All India Trekking Camp held at Ooty in 2018-19.
9. CDT Aishwarya.R.N and CQMS Vinutha.K.Y took part in IGC held at Bangalore in 2018-19.
10. 23 cadets took part in Combined Annual Training Camp held at SFS College,Hebbegoddi in 2018-19.
Activities Conducted in the year 2019-20.
1. 28th April 2019: Participated in marathon in create awareness among students to adopt heathier lifestyle
2. 21st June 2019: All cadets participated in Yoga day celebration
3. 9th July 2019: NCC Orientation and Enrollment of new cadets.
4. 13th July 2019: conducted health awareness medical camp for teachers in college campus
5. 26th July 2019: Participated in Kargil Vijay Divas rally organised by 1 Kar Bn.
6. 27th July 2019: Participate in a rally organized by BBMP to created awareness about usage of plastic.
7. 20th August 2019: All cadets participated in Sadbhavan Divas celebrations in college premises
8. 20th August 2019: All cadets actively participated in collection of relief material for North Karnataka flood victims.
9. 30th August 2019: as a part of Swachh Bharat, cadets took initiative tocreate awareness to reduce the use of POP in making idols and promote clay idols of Ganesha.
Achievement of NCC Cadets 2019-20
1. CPL Roopa.M and CPL L.Priyanka took part in Basic Leadership Camp held at Mysore in 2019.-20
2. L/CPL Shrusti.T.N took part in Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Camp conducted at Amritsar 2019-20
3. 16 cadets took part in Combined Annual Training Camp held at Air Force Station Jalahalli East in 2018-19.
4. CPL Roopa.M has been selected for Advanced Leadership Camp to be held in December 2019-20